Subject: RE: remote control
From: Meyer, Stefan (empolis GT) (stefan.meyer_at_empolis.com)
Date: 2002-10-10

> in it. Then that could be plugged in to any actual remote
> hardware that
> would implement the upper layers of the protocol.

What do you mean with "actual remote hardware" ? Do you mean the
jukebox-remote?

Do we need a hardware mod for the bidirectional remote control ?

> I don't have access to PCB production facilities, and its
> been a long time
> since I did any SMD soldering, so I think this solution would
> suit a wider
> audience like me - people who want to connect RockBox to some
> other hardware
> device they already have. That would mean that this cable
> hardware device
> could be produced in a much bigger batch.

I have some possibilities to design PCBs. And I know a little company who
could solder some parts, but unfortunatly not for free. ( but for low, I
hope )

Stefan