Subject: Re: remote control
From: Andrew Jamieson (ajamiesn_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: 2002-10-10

The design for this would be trivial once the bidirectional comms are
figured out. I will bash out a schematic for this only, if you want.
However, I think the remote should be an integrated device to get the size
down. The code would be quite easy to cut down from a full remote to just a
'black box' I think.

As to the production, I can make the 'black box' schematic use standard
through hole parts that should be available at your local electronics shop
(where-as the remote will probably be composed of harder to find SMD parts).
This should be easily prototypable on vero board or such like. If there is
enough interest in a 'black box' only, a single layer PCB that is relatively
easy to home produce would could be designed simply enough.

This topic seems to be streching on a bit. There only seem to be a few ppl
(such as myself) keeping it alive. Maybe we need to organise an IRC time
for this discussion? Or maybe there is a silent majority who are interested
in this, and don't want to see it moved to a closed forum? I will away for
a week or so in a few days, so my contributions will be placed on hold for
this duration.