Subject: Re: Feature suggestion: Radio-like master playlist of playlists.
From: Vincent Kargatis (
Date: 2002-10-11

> A "master"-playlist of playlists:
> - The master list contains the name of other playlists.

I get your point, but this seems to be a perfect choice for an offline
script of some sort. I mean, running the script that outputs a playlist you
want would be as little or less trouble than compiling the sets of playlists
you require in your request.

I already use a sorta similar (perl) script to make my computer playlists
now - although all it does is make sure the genre isn't repeated back to
back (according to my genre storage scheme). But it's the same idea.
Adjusting such a script to keep track of all the genres wouldn't be that
hard, although balancing the genre numbers would require a bit more

In any case, the result would be an offline script that produces a single
playlist, ordered (shuffled) the way you are asking for. Doesn't seem a
great thing to implement in rockbox to me (speaking as a user only).

Vincent Kargatis
np: Harry Partch - "Sanctus- an Entr'acte"  (Delusion of the Fury)