Subject: Re: remote control
From: Andreas Stemmer (
Date: 2002-10-11

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart Tedford" <>

> At the moment I guess the only devices I'm thinking of are devices that
> a serial port on them - Palm, PocketPC, PCs etc. It would be kind of cool
> to plug your remote in to your PC and do stuff like control winamp etc. I
> realise there will have to be software written on these devices - but
> easy for me, and for many others who might invest in a remote.

Now I understand, you only want to have the two resistors and the connection
between Tx/Rx in the cable to be able to connect it to a normal serial port
a different cable. That wouldn't be any problem I think (the resistors are
enough to be packed into the housing of the connectors). The remote could
recognize the type of cable because with the special jukebox adaptor, Rx and
Tx would be connected, with a standard RS232 cable, they wouldn't.

> Unfortuantely, I can't do IRC - only email. So I will shut up now ;) - on
> this remote issue anyway.

I can't do IRC, either. And I will be short of time the next week, so I will
shut up, too! But I think the others are doing a great job, let's see...

Andreas Stemmer