Subject: Re: Re: Re: Feature suggestion: Radio-like master playlist of playlists.
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2002-10-11

Thanks for your comments, Vincent.

> > In my opinion whenever you need it most you can't find a suitable
> > PC to connect the jukebox to - that's why I prefer to have the features
> > within the Archos.
>
> But you can't create your master playlist without a PC either. My point is
> that when you would do that, you'd just run the script instead. Can you
> explain how the master playlist shuffle is more flexible with this in mind?

Certainly. I would create the master list once and then not change it again
for a long time. Same goes for the involved playlists (apart from the "current")
- these would basically stay the same. I might even record some songs and
create a new "current" playlist with the Archos firmware...

> Connection to the PC is essential at some point, if only during the upload
> period (and your presumed master/slave playlists creations).
> I honestly don't see the added flexibility from
> doing it on the fly.

Not having to connect to a PC is the flexibility I'm looking for.
That's a big flexibility in most my listening environments where there
is either no PC available or not accessable.

> [Keep in mind that bookmarking and probably playlist go-to are planned
> features, which are applicable to the usage of pre-shuffled playlists.]

I'm looking forward to those...

Martin
Die clevere Geldreserve: der DiBa-Privatkredit. Funktioniert wie ein Dispo,
ist aber viel gunstiger! Alle Infos: http://diba.web.de/?mc=021104