Subject: Re: Loadable Modules?
From: Andreas Stemmer (Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-10-11

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Eeep. We can't shrink the buffer while still playing music without doing
some
> very funny tricks (as it is a circular buffer). To make that possible we
have
> to switch buffering system (which indeed has been discussed before and
might
> be worth discussing a few more time!).

I do not really know what I'm talking about (I didn't have a look at the
sourcecode so far), but my first thought was: if the user wants to load
a module, the hdd has to spin up. Why is it a problem to empty and refill
the buffer (with different size) at this occasion?
Just wondering...

Andreas Stemmer