Subject: Re: 3D Cube screensaver - useless but nice
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-10-14

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Damien Teney wrote:

> I wrote a screensaver for the recorder; it's a rotating cube in 3D.

I've seen it now. Looks really cool! A few things I personally would like to
see fixed before we add this:

 1. Why do you need both Sin and Cos tables? They're basicly the same, just
    shifted slightly and by adjusting your code you should be able to use
    just one.

 2. Your use of floats in the code makes the compiler/linker add lots of
    floating point functions and thus this bloats the executable more than
    necessary (your cube takes around 20K which is a bit excessive). By
    converting the floats into integers, you'll gain lots of space. It'll run
    faster too.

 3. You don't need the Sin table to be 360 values big. I did some basic tests
    and I saw no visual difference with half the resolution and only very
    minor decrease in quality when using a quarter of the size.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/