Subject: Re: Search
From: Frangois-Xavier Houard (
Date: 2002-10-14

----- Original Message -----
From: Bj÷rn_Stenberg
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:43:53 +0200
> Rune Wiinberg wrote:
> > Have anyone considered doing a filesearch function
for Rockbox?
> Many people have requested it, but only a few have
attempted it. Searching in real-time is out of the
question -- the Archos is far too slow. The solution is
to make a PC program that will index all files over USB
and create a database.
> The challenge is designing a clever database format
that can be quickly indexed to find matches. Waste space
to save CPU.
Yep. I was working at it, but, i had to settle in paris,
and, now that i've settled, i have no internet connection
for the moment (except at university). so , i don't
really read the mailing list, and i'm not coding it
anymore. I'm gonna come back as soon as i'll have an
internet connection.
See you soon (in a couple of weeks i hope)
And sorry for those who are waiting...
Franšois-Xavier HOUARD

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at

"Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"