Subject: RE: Compiling Rockbox under windows - help needed
From: jerome_at_geekrox.com
Date: 2002-10-15

Sorry if my .02 are late. Thought I would throw it out anyway since I've had my
share of fun in this area :).

  Have you considered the cygwin install and just using the nix-like shell to
edit in VI? I used Bjorn's instructions with great success and my first
compile attempt went smooth.

http://rockbox.haxx.se/cross-gcc.html

I downloaded the listed packages on the page from the gnu site itself after I
had cygwin installed.

anyway just food for thought. Good luck.
--jk