Subject: RE: Compiling Rockbox under windows - help needed
Date: 2002-10-15

Sorry if my .02 are late. Thought I would throw it out anyway since I've had my
share of fun in this area :).

  Have you considered the cygwin install and just using the nix-like shell to
edit in VI? I used Bjorn's instructions with great success and my first
compile attempt went smooth.

I downloaded the listed packages on the page from the gnu site itself after I
had cygwin installed.

anyway just food for thought. Good luck.

Quoting edx <>:

> Just keep bugging me :) - did you install Perl by now? - What you had
> done yesterday looked pretty good to me, actually. If you post a
> detailed description of your problem, I and the others may be able to
> help you...
> Regards,
> Felix Arends
> > Would anyone care to help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
> > I can't get it to compile and I know it is probably just some simple
> setup
> > issues with windows and "GNUSH Tool Chain for ELF format". I have
> compiled
> > some very simple C++ programs using Borland, and I have done a lot
> with
> > VB,
> > but I would like to start doing more with C, and I think that this is
> > something that would hold my interest.
> > Felix Arends helped me yesterday, but I hate to keep bugging him. He
> > seemed
> > busy.

This mail sent through IMP: