Subject: Jukebox file integrity problems
From: Edward Guldemond (thedebategod_at_yifan.net)
Date: 2002-10-15

Hello all,

        I have an Arcos Jukebox recorder that I have had Rockbox
installed on for quite some time. When I make my MP3s, I have the
ripping program (well, really a Linux shell script) write out a MD5
checksum of the files. When I copy the files to the Archos in Linux or
Windows and check the MD5 sums, some files always come up corrupted.
The same files get corrupted in Linux and Windows, even after formatting
the hard drive. I tried the same with the stock firmware, and the same
files are still corrupted. Is this a hardware flaw in my Archos, or has
anyone had the same or similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint: 29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03 4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735