Subject: Hard drive replacement?

Hard drive replacement?

From: Bradley M Alexander <storm_at_tux.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:54:55 -0400

I thought I would come to the experts on aftermarket mods on the Archos for
this one...

I have a JB6000 and am having trouble with the drive in it, it acts like it
spinning up, but then does nothing, does not get past the internal firmware
message.

If the drive is indeed bad, and if it is out of warranty, how difficult is
it to change out the drive? With USB2.0 drives in the $100-or-less category
online, it is a consideration. Is the drive in the JB a standard one
(meaning all of the interfaces line up etc)? Can the BIOS in it handle a 20
or 30GB HD? Anything else I need to watch out for?

Thanks,
--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |   storm [at] debian.org