Subject: Re: Resume problems.
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2002-10-16

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, gerald clark wrote:

> Todays CVS build 2002-10-15 on a recorder 20.
> I have a 68 minute recording in the root directory.
> I start playing the recording, pause, and turn it off.
> Resume is set to ASK.
> Upon resuming, the player resumes properly, but the
> time starts at zero, and the progress bar starts at zero.

This is a known flaw.

The problem is that when the Archos firmware records a VBR, it doesn't
include a TOC of any kind. Without a proper TOC header (such as XING or VBRI)
there's no way for Rockbox to know how to jump to a specific time in the

The best fix for this is to use a program that adds a XING header to your
files you've recorded.

Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg --