Subject: Re: Hard Drive
From: Andre Roessel (RCS-Technik_at_t-online.de)
Date: 2002-10-16

> I have a second hand recorder 20 coming, I also have a spare IBM
> travelstar 20 gig (9.5mm) hard drive available. Does anyone know if
> the IBM is likely to be better than the Archos supplied hard drive ?
> So is it worth swapping the two ? Thanks,
It makes no sense. What except size would you expect to improve by changing the
hard drive? Speed? Not an issue. Noise? Maybe, but the original drive is quiet
enough.
I replaced my 20 gig drive with a 60 gig one. That makes a REAL difference and is
worth disassembling and reassembling the unit.
Donīt change you drive until you have a bigger one as replacement (30,40,60 GB).

Regards,

Andre