Subject: RE: Hard Drive
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2002-10-16

I noticed it when I was using RockBox in the car (don't worry - it also
happened with the stock firmware). I concluded that the toshi was more
sensitive to vibrations which caused more read errors - which the firmware
struggled to deal with. I had to resort to keeping my JB on my lap while
driving - to absorb most of the vibrations.

It would just sit there with the red HDD light on - you had to press
next-track to get it to work again.

There were posts about this - would have been early/mid August.

Yes, the toshiba works perfectly in all other situations - but the real test
seems to be a ride in my car on these dodgy UK roads - which the fujitsu
dealt with better.

Stu.