Subject: Re: Re[2]: Battery usage indications?
From: Bradley Alexander (
Date: 2002-10-18

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 15:19, Uwe Freese wrote:
> Hello Bradley,
> Bradley Alexander wrote on Wednesday, October 16, 2002, 8:07:45 PM:
> BA> I am 98% sure it was off. I also had another alarming drainage rate
> BA> story. Last Sunday, I had the unit, which I thought should be almost
> BA> charged (I hadn't charged it since the day before, but I only had about
> BA> 2 hours of play time on that charge.) I had it in the car, and after a
> BA> lockup (the car was sitting still in a parking lot), I checked the
> BA> battery level, and was mildly surprised that it was at 36%. I ran some
> Please look at the battery voltage in the debug menu, turn the unit off
> for some hours and look again at the voltage. Does the voltage go down?
> It shouldn't. Maybe your unit is broken?
> If the battery voltage goes down while the unit is off, either the
> batteries or the unit must be broken, it cannot be Rockbox's fault.

I will check this tomorrow.
> Bye, Uwe.

Bradley M. Alexander                |   storm [at]
Debian Developer, Security Engineer |   storm [at]
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          | Visit the 99th VFS website at:
99th VFS 'Tuskegee Airmen'          |
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
The statistic on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is
from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If
okay, then it's you.
						--Rita Mae Brown