Subject: RE: Microphone.
From: M. OReilly (moreilly_at_moreilly.com)
Date: 2002-10-19

This is a little off-topic, but I'd like to get an answer from some of the
hardware gurus and anyone else who might've made this work.

I wanted to do some microphone recording with my AJBR20, so I bought a nice
Sure mic. Problem is that the Archos seems to be expecting a 0dB input, and
the mic is only outputting -20dB (or something like that, I don't know). I
found that in order to get a usable audio signal, I have to run it through
an AC-powered mixer to boost the line signal to the point where the Archos
can use it.

Is there a way to get the Archos to use a "regular" music microphone without
needing an AC power source? I would like some sort of line signal amplifier
that uses battery power or something of that nature. I don't know if it's
feasible - I've been looking for a while and haven't found anything yet.

Thanks for your help, guys...
Matt