Subject: Re[4]: Microphone.
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2002-10-19

Hello Matthew P.,

(oops, just a joke)

Matthew P. OReilly wrote on Saturday, October 19, 2002, 6:15:03 AM:

MPO> http://shure.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/shure.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=cb
MPO> NSM3sg&p_lva=&p_faqid=38&p_created=950083200&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY2
MPO> 50PTI3NTkmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=
MPO> (This one actually gives three solutions. The middle one is the one we're
MPO> interested in. There's a really good link
MPO> to a white paper about transformers, too.)

I'm pretty sure that this device doesn't amplify and it also cannot give
the phantom power to a connected "real" condensor mic because there is
no power that comes out of the Line-In-plug of the AJB.

"My" solution for mic-on-AJB is:

- self-made amplifier with 9V battery
- electret condensor mic (for ex. Sony ECM 907)

By now, I only tested my amplifier with cheap mic capsules and the
result is not so good. I'll try the sony mic when I bought one. ;-)

Bye, Uwe.