Subject: RE: Re[4]: Microphone.

RE: Re[4]: Microphone.

From: Matthew P. OReilly <moreilly_at_moreilly.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:54:24 -0400

*Supposedly*, the A96F is supposed to boost the signal level by up to 25dB.
I'm not sure what it does for impedence. Aren't these the two areas we're
trying to improve?

Admittedly, I don't know how it would boost the signal without a power
source of some kind, like a battery. That's sort of confusing to me, but I
had just chalked it up to my inexperience with electronics.

Does the Shure A95UF
(http://www.shure.com/accessories/a95uf.asp?PN=Problem%20Solvers) seem any
more likely to work, or are we really barking up the wrong tree here?

Matthew P. ;-)