Subject: RE: my facts on mics
From: Henri DAVID (
Date: 2002-10-21

I tried the Sony ECM 907 with the archos. you need a preamp. I made one
using one of those kits + two 9v batt.
I put it in a plastic box with one on/off switch in in and out plugs.

The quality is ok as long as you leave the amplifier level to 0 on the
archos. (this integrated amp is way to loudy if you increase the gain !)
you can check the quality of what I get there :
(I reencoded them in lower quality, for internet purpose, but can still get
an idea about the quality)
don't pay attention to the saturation, that was my fault I set the level to
and didn't reduced it ! (BTW Archos Firmware VU meter are quite precise as
they showed me the clips !)

Hope it helps