Rockbox.org home
release
dev builds
extras
themes manual
wiki
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
patches
dev guide



Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Different ID3V2 tag parsing
From: D (motiv02_at_layndo.com)
Date: 2002-10-22


I don't know if anyone is interested in this or not, but I figured I would
submit it anyway. The reason I wanted to try to do something like this is
because I have album art included in all of my mp3's, so my v2 tags were
always beyond the first 300 bytes. So, I did this. I'm not positive that
everything I've done is ok, but it seems like it to me. Plus, it seems to
work - I've been using it for a couple of weeks and haven't had any
problems. I took out the lines of code that would default the tag to v1,
just to make sure I was always getting my v2 tags and like I said, it's been
working perfectly for a couple of weeks. It pretty much goes through the
entire tag, gets the tags that we are looking for, and throws everything
else away. This diff file has the v1 tag defaulting back in it. The only
thing I'm not sure about is the new unicode stuff that was added. I don't
have anything with unicode, so I haven't tested that, but it looks to me
like it might work ok, but you know how that goes. I tried to get the diff
and codeing guidelines correct, so hopefully I didn't miss anything.
Anyway, maybe somebody out there is a little weird like me and thinks it's
cool to have the album art included in the tag. :)

Doug



Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew
aaa