Subject: Re: Bug # 622799
From: Vincent Kargatis (lartis_at_ath.forthnet.gr)
Date: 2002-10-22

From: "Bradley M Alexander" <storm_at_tux.org>
> Does it for me every time...:) Hmmm...I have had it happen when the
Rockbox
> is jarred very lightly, but it doesn't always require that.
>
> Just wondering if it could be something else, like maybe actual errors on
> the drive? Could something like a surface scan in scandisk help? Battery
> issues? Since no one can reproduce the errors, I'm thinking it might be
> something else...Thoughts?

Let's assume that most of these hangs are individual drive related - has
rockbox gotten as good as it will get in handling drive burps like this? I
have them occasionally (most recently, of the sort where the sound cuts off
but the playing continues), not often enough to really get on my nerves, but
I'm just curious whether the software will continue to improve the error
handling. Or are the disk hangs mostly hardware related/controlled?

--
Vincent Kargatis
np: Evan Parker - "Serpent in Sky"  (Drawn Inward)