Subject: Re: Bug # 622799
From: Bradley M Alexander (
Date: 2002-10-22

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 07:43:05PM +0300, Vincent Kargatis wrote:
> Let's assume that most of these hangs are individual drive related - has
> rockbox gotten as good as it will get in handling drive burps like this? I

With 1.3, it would skip to the next track, but it didn't seem to be nearly
as frequent as it is with 1.4.

> have them occasionally (most recently, of the sort where the sound cuts off
> but the playing continues), not often enough to really get on my nerves, but

I have encountered this condition as well, but it does not appear to be
nearly as frequent as the solid drive light/timer et al stops type of
lockup. And it has happened to me when the thing is sitting still as well.
I went into someplace to use the ATM and left it in the car. When I came
back, the drive light was on solid.

Bradley M. Alexander                |   storm [at]
Debian Developer, Security Engineer |   storm [at]
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          | Visit the 99th VFS website at:
99th VFS 'Tuskegee Airmen'          |
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?