Subject: Re: idea to improve the peak meter reliability
From: langhaarrocker (phil_at_x-phobie.de)
Date: 2002-10-23

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:44:10 -0700, Jack Peel <jhp_at_cypress.com> wrote:

>Phil,
>
>It would be nice to have this as an option for those of us who would like
>the meter to be more accurate, maybe even create it as a compile option,
>or a simple patch. The best of course would be a menu setting that
>switched between the two modes, but that might be a little much work
>as it sounds like it involves code in several different places.

I can do that if it is really what we want. It's not very problematic.
The biggest problem is how to explain the average user the difference
of:
no peak meter == save energy
normal peak meter == waste a little energy
precise peak meter == waste a little more energy

And I must admit that I didn't do any measurements wether all this
energy wasting topic is relevant at all.

>Also did you ever get the peak meter to display in dB ? Or has this simply
>lost interest ?

Thanks to Andreas Zwirtes there already is the patch for dBfs display,
which includes scaling (alias 'zooming') the meter:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=620920&group_id=44306&atid=439120

Phil