Subject: More efficient bitswap.s
From: Ray Ransom (ray_at_micosyen.com)
Date: 2002-10-23

I just joined the list today because I believe Rockbox is a much-needed
project. I would like to contribute, but I know nothing of the Unix/CVS
methodology. That, and a lack of time, may hinder my usefulness, but I plan
to do what I can.

Here is a more efficient version of bitswap.s. It has one less instruction
in the all-important loop, fewer instructions in the initial test and uses
fewer registers. If any cares, it's attached.

I have had success compiling under the Windoze/Gnush environment. I may be
able to help anyone having trouble.

  • application/octet-stream attachment: bitswap.s