Subject: Re: battery charging with auto power off
From: langhaarrocker (phil_at_x-phobie.de)
Date: 2002-10-27

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:16:01 +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing
<linus_at_haxx.se> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:38:27 +0200, Fabian Merki wrote:
>> normaly i recharge my archos during night. what i would like to
>> have is an menu option where i can say: deep discharge, recharge &
>> shutdown
>
>That is a very good idea. The problem is that the Recorders can't be
>shut off when the charger is inserted. However, we should consider
>trickle charging when the battery is charged.

Althought discharging before charging is a good idea for NiCd accus
I'm not that sure wether that applies to NiMH accus, too. I'm
convinced that I killed NiMH accus that way before - using a charger
that is designed for both, NiCd and NiMH.

Phil