Subject: Re: Suggestion for new file name filter
From: Kjell Ericson (
Date: 2002-10-28

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Martin Borus wrote:

> How about an #optional# directory file filter with an auto-shortening
> function that would only display the parts of file names that differ
> from the previous name.

I've thought about the same too (no unique thinking).

Your example however gave me the idea of another thinking. Why not showing the
full name but adjusting the displayed part to start with something unique from
the prior row? When the autoscrolling then starts you will see the full name.

It's not a "better" solution, but maybe more logic?

Implementing both and more thought would however not be too hard and then
letting a switch display your favourite flavor.

  // Kjell