Subject: Re: Suggestion for new file name filter
From: Nanne Huiges (nanne_at_fmf.nl)
Date: 2002-10-28

> Don't see what regular expressions get us here. Seems to be its just a
> complicated way of doing playlists to me.

well, people wanted to be able to filter things out of the files, so they
don't have to look at band-aldu-year-track.mp3 in the dir. list, but just
get track.mp3, since they might know in what dir they are...

if you have your mp3's in a artist dir, than a disc dir, you might not
want to see that over and over again, but you want any single file to be
recognisable, so you name them artist-album-track.mp3...
and you might want to use other filters, so hardcoding them is a little
bit over the top...that's why i thought mybe something else..but if we
cannot find any other use for dir-filters...then it is overdone...

nanne