Subject: Re: Suggestion for new file name filter
From: Kjell Ericson (Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-10-28

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Nanne Huiges wrote:

> and then have them contain a (perl like) regexp, so you can just do
> something like
>
> s/-(.*)-//
>
> wich would mean (sorry, my perl is abit rusty, so it might be crap)
> any string starting with a - and ending with a - is replaces with
> nothing..

Your perl isn't totally rusty (you mean "s/-(.*)-/$1/" as regex).

But I want it to be more dynamic. As first stated in the thread, it could be
cool to make the name out of the content of the prior filename. A regex is
then a lot more complicated (or I miss the solution).

That's why I think a real user example is good to talk around. When trying
that part it all gets a bit more complicated.

  // Kjell