Subject: Re: 256kb/s dying
From: langhaarrocker (
Date: 2002-10-30

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:11:37 -0500, Eric Linenberg
<> wrote:

>I have an album I encoded here at 256kb/s and while listening to it on
>my way into work, it kept dropping out and stopping midway through the
>songs. Unusual Rockbox behavior.
>recorder 6k. was not being jostled.

Mea culpa! The peak meter steals too much processing power. I already
posted a patch to the tracker that reduces this problem. But with
320kb/s it still remains.
Maybe you haven't noticed yet but there was a bug which was even
worse: the dynamic lines of the wps wouldn't update any more. I fixed
that as well.
Evil me! Seems I need a lesson by Zagors famous Spank-O-Mat.