Subject: Re: Brothers in ARMs
From: langhaarrocker (
Date: 2002-11-01

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:20:17 +0100 (MET), Daniel Stenberg
<> wrote:

> We were thinking that we rip out all parts of Rockbox that can be seen as
> separate applications. Games, demos, text viewer, etc. All applications
> will be linked to separate binary chunks. (.rock files)

How do you intend to select the different modules? From the file
Imagine a future with bindable keys and user configurable menus. We
might want to customize the ui for different tasks. Example: A split
editor module won't be used by many users and it is completely
irrelevant how the average joe can reach this module. In this case it
is completely valid to make him browse for the module. But a musician
might want a specialized 'recording ui for performers' with quick
acces to the split editor. With bindable key schemes / user
configurable menus this is no problem. But now a 'recording ui for
performers' can't rely on the presence of the split editor module as
it might be missing due to a faulty installation.