Subject: Re: NEW UI Idea for RockBox.
From: Remo Hofer (
Date: 2002-11-01

On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 12:11:03 +0100 (Björn_Stenberg) wrote:

>Tom Alphin wrote:
>He has updated the document after some discussion in IRC.
>I'd like more people to read it and think about it. The current UI is very
>quickly thrown-together and although it's not bad maybe we should think about
>some kind of overall UI strategy?
>Especially the player seems to benefit from Toms suggestion.

I like the general idea of this proposal, but of course I have some
comments and questions about it, specially concerning the player.

I don't like the proposed menu key mapping, because everthing but the
menu can only be reached two handed. I'd like the menu key to toggle
cyclical between views (menu - wps - browser - id3view). The menu+play
key kombo could then directly go to wps, menu+stop to browser, menu+left
to menu, and menu+right to id3view. This way we would have direct access
to all views with a key combo and cyclical acces with only a single
key press.

The On+any key combo would still be reserved for quick prefs etc.

What's the difference between playlist and explorer view? Is playlist view a
future view for editing playlists? I asume that explorer view is the browser.

Remo Hofer <>
Do NOT remove nospam from email address!