Subject: RE: firmware reverse engineering
From: Josh Nisly (joshn_at_invtools.com)
Date: 2002-11-01

> Start with disassembling the .BIN files and see if you can find out
how
> to create your own. (Does the NEO update a flash memory or does it
load
> and run the firmware directly from disk?)

You update my player by running a special utility, that copies a file
from the root into flash memory. Normally it just boots right off of
this memory. Does this mean that I need do more initialization in my
code than Rockbox does? Also, can I expect that most of the startup code
will be the same as Rockbox?

> (sounds easy, eh?) :-)

Yeah, life can be so misleading, huh? :)

Thanks,
Josh Nisly