Subject: Optional delay before the beginning of a song?
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2002-11-03

Hi,

here's a technical question:

On each track change it seems that the digital output of the
archos recorder is turned of for a split second. This is OK for
playing through a digital amplifier, but when I connect the archos to
a MD recorder, it needs 1-2 seconds to re-adjust to the digital
input.

So I'm wondering. Is it technically possible to define a certain
amount of silence to be played before each track in a way that the
digital output is already activated or is it a waste of time to think
about this problem?

Martin