Subject: RE: my facts on mics
From: Matthew P. OReilly (moreilly_at_moreilly.com)
Date: 2002-11-03

In a related note, my Archos stereo mic came in. Unfortunately, my Jukebox
is going back to Archos for warranty repair, so I haven't been able to test
it yet. :-( (What am I going to DO for the next few weeks??!?)

The interesting bit is that the mic is in two separate pieces - one with the
mic diaphragms and related hardware, and another, separate piece which the
3.5mm jack ouput of the mic plugs into. That part appears to be an amp
similar to the ones we were talking about; it's powered by a AAA battery,
and has a volume control potentiometer on the side of the casing. It has an
input (3.5mm from the mic) and an ouput (wire lead with 3.5mm plug to go
into the Archos).

So apparently Archos had the same idea we did. I'm going to try using my
other mic with the amp piece and see if it works too. (I imagine it will.)

And everybody pray that I get my Recorder back soon!! :-)

Thanks
Matt

BTW I'll let everyone know, when my other amps come in (from elv.de), how
well they do the same trick. That seems to be a much cheaper solution than
the Archos mic.