Subject: Re: How can we manage performance problems?
From: Andreas Zwirtes (
Date: 2002-11-03

>There is a reason for having such a simple scheduler that we have today, and that is because we want things simple. Adding priorities and even preemptive scheduling is something we definitely want to avoid, since it buys us a shitload of new problems.

It would be a very hard time explaining OSEK, priority ceiling and other
stuff to everybody.... ;)
Keeping things simple is a very good reason not doing it.

PS: For everybody who wants to have a real time kernel in his
microcontroller application: MicroC/OS-II is for you. It's well
documented, ported to lots of platforms and has no royalties. The ISBN
is 0-87930-543-6. It is from R&D BOOKS Search google for "Jean J.
Labrosse" (the Author).