Subject: Re: How can we manage performance problems?
From: langhaarrocker (
Date: 2002-11-03

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:05:25 +0100, Paul van der Heu <>

>If the peak meter interferes with the main operation of the machine
>and there is no significant reason to blame the core of the software
>the peak meter should behave better of be left out. You should not
>start hacking the (working) softwares core because an add on puts too
>much strain on it.

Principially I agree. But it is not only a peak meter problem. If you
have many lines scrolling on the wps you don't need a peak meter to
make the jukebox stutter while loading. -> It is a more basic problem.
I think we need a way to ask the loading / bitswapping engines wether
they are busy. This way we could disable performance eaters when