Subject: RE: How can we manage performance problems?
From: Henri DAVID (hdavid_at_mail.com)
Date: 2002-11-04

> Principially I agree. But it is not only a peak meter problem. If you
> have many lines scrolling on the wps you don't need a peak meter to
> make the jukebox stutter while loading. -> It is a more basic problem.
> I think we need a way to ask the loading / bitswapping engines wether
> they are busy. This way we could disable performance eaters when
> necessary.

maybe this could be done by putting more YIELD() calls in WPS / PEAK meter
code and fewer in bitswap/ disk code ?

Am I partially right or completly wrong ?

About the scroll, do we really need a fluid scroll ? i think the previous
version of scrolling, that scrolled one char at once was fine for me

henri