Subject: Re: individual sound settings for certain songs?
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2002-11-05

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linus Nielsen Feltzing" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 7:32 AM

> Quoting Fabian Merki <>:
> > why? i have some files which are much quieter than others - or even
> > so i would like to say +30% volume or -10% or some thing like this.
> I think mp3gain support would be a better way of solving that problem.
> /Linus

MP3Gain works fine for equalizing the volume of songs here. Is there some
other aspect of MP3Gain that is not supported by Rockbox? I use it to
equalize the gain on all my songs and it seems to work fine on the AJBR. As
a solid test, I cranked the gain of one song down to 40db and it played very
quietly on the AJBR.

AIUI, MP3Gain changes the global gain setting on every frame in the MP3, I
would have to imagine that any codec would have to check that setting.

Maybe I'm missing something. <shrug>