Subject: Re: Player Simulator for Windows
From: Kjell Ericson (
Date: 2002-11-05

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> The automatic build of the Player Simulator for Windows in the "CVS compile
> status" table has now been disabled.
> The moment someone does anything to improve the situation, I'll bring it back
> in the table with the rest of the gang.

I tried to email Felix about how to solve the problem, but my mail bounced
back. I post it to the list instead if anyone wants to fix the

------mail to Felix--------
As you might see I and Mats Lidell have destroyed the compilation of the
windows version of the simulator.

The X11 version is improved in (what we think) is necessary changes in order
to actually simulate the LCD of the Archos Player.

However, I don't have the Windows environment to fix and test the Windows
version. But I think you do, and if that is something you want to fix then
it's better for me to tell you my changes (so you know you can ask for more
info if you need). If you don't want to maintain the windows version then I
will have to fix my environment, or we will have to do a poll if anyone wants

The changes I've done are:

 The common/lcd-playersim.c is no longer using the lcd_buffer. Instead it uses
drawdots() and the new function drawrectangles().

 A new variable "having_new_lcd" is defined in win32/uisw32.c. In the
X11-version it is set from the command line in order to simulate old or new
LCD. In the real hardware this is checked by the ROM-version.

 The new file "font-player" should be added to the Makefile.

Hope this helps you.

Ask anything if you need.

  // Kjell