Subject: PIC-based remote (son of Remocon)
From: Steve (steve_russell_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 2002-11-06

I'm still (slowly, not much spare time) plugging away at the idea of
implementing a remote using a PIC12C508A MCU. One of the discussions I read
on this mailing list mentioned driving data to the Archos using an
open-drain device. However, I looked at the schematics and the spec for the
Hitachi CPU and there does not seem to be a pull-up on the pin driven by the
remote. Can anyone confirm how the data needs to be presented (electrically,
not the data format) to the Archos? I'm particularly interested in the
ABJR20, but I assume they're all the same as they use the same remote.

Thanks, Steve.