Subject: Re: Hungarian Notation (was: [patch] peakmeter)
From: George Styles (
Date: 2002-11-08

I find the biggest advantage is when you want to distinguish your local
variables from global / class / system defined variables/functions, for
example in Delphi, there is a system function 'now' - if I just called my
variable 'now' it would cause problems when I meant to call the function
'now' (well OK you can qualify a variable/symbol name, but its a PITA)

If I call it bolNow then there is no confusion.