Subject: RE: Hungarian Notation (was: [patch] peakmeter)

RE: Hungarian Notation (was: [patch] peakmeter)

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:57:54 -0000

This is exactly why I always use the p prefix exclusively for my pointers,
it forces you to look at (and hence think about) every instance of that var
- if you change it from a pointer to something else.

Of course, the p prefix I use would be "pointless" (hehehe) if a blanket use
of prefixes was used. Which is why I also dislike general prefixes too. I
think prefixes also stop people from thinking up good variable names, they
think that if they tag the name with a load of prefixes to some crap
convention - then it magically becomes a good name - when in fact it becomes
worse IMO.

Stu.