Subject: Re: Help me fix my Archos (so I can run RockBox again) :-)

Re: Help me fix my Archos (so I can run RockBox again) :-)

From: Nuutti Kotivuori <naked_at_iki.fi>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:08:57 +0200

Paul van der Heu wrote:
> 4.38 Volts? that's not enough to get things going AFAIK.. Try a
> fresh set of batteries, it could well be they are not charging
> (fully).

I'm sorry but that's not the problem for me. I am not trusting the
damn universal meter to measure the voltage correctly either, but
that's irrelevant.

I have tried fresh batteries and I have tried charging them. The
batteries seem fine.

Later that same day, I plugged in the harddrive and again measured the
current. Every time the current goes over in the ide-connector, the
harddrive spins up. Every time it drops below that it spins
down. Sometimes the current is relatively stable at something past
4.30, at other times, especially when I move the device, it drops down
to zero or drops down to 3 or 2 or even 1 volts and then flies back
up. Something is breaking up the current that's coming there.

When the charger is plugged, I can see it even in the backlight - at
times they are brighter and at times they are darker when I move the
device.

-- Naked