Subject: Re: Help me fix my Archos (so I can run RockBox again) :-)
From: Nuutti Kotivuori (naked_at_iki.fi)
Date: 2002-11-10

Felix.Arends_at_gmx.de wrote:
>> Peel back the silver stickers in the battery compartment, and
>> ensure the solder joints there are sound, as this provides Ground
>> to the circuit boards.
>
> I'm not quite sure weather that was what helped because there are no
> solder joints below the silver stickers - or at least I didn't find
> any - but after removing them and just fingering around a little it
> seems to work perfectly now!

Ah! That _might_ be it. There are solder joints below the silver
stickers - they just are not connected by only lie on top of each
other. Or atleast for me they do on this Recorder 20. That could mean
that if it "rattles" up and down, the ground connection disappears for
either of the boards.

We'll see, I'm seeing if I can replicate my problem by manually trying
to move just those.

-- Naked