Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: cvs: apps settings.c,1.90,1.91
From: Benoit Midy (bmidy_at_guddland.lu)
I have remark ion thze cvs changes that there was a total_uptime counter ?
Did you remove it cause of space problem in the RTC ?
- global_settings.total_uptime = 0;
I think it was cool to re-introduce it in the RTC memory struct (if there are space) and use it , so some user will be able
to now how long their "batteries's lifetime" is .
I think we could make it like this.
- It will be initialize to 0.
- Then all the minute when the "power check" thread will make its stuff we could increment this counter.
- When the batteries are re-charged we reinitialize it to 0, or we could let it to the user through menu option.
- Add some menu to view, reinit this counter , or even set the "granularity" of the counter updates (But I think
that 1 min is enough!)
- perhaps make a thread that only take care to update this uptime_counter to get more clean code and not
mix-coded, and perhaps we could later use this thread to generate some statistic when the Jukebox is on, like the
actual graphic that show the battery usage , could be generate through this thread and no more in memory but in a
file, so it' ll be possible to keep history and compare many statistics for different users, hardware , set of batteries ...
Or some "useless" (apparently but who knows) thing like a log/history of the CPU usage, Memory usage, Hardisk
- perhaps a new thread will "eat" to more memory ? I do not know, I do not have thje Rockbox source under
the hand, so correct me if I say wrong.
Give your comment, please.
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew