Subject: Re: cvs: apps settings.c,1.90,1.91

Re: cvs: apps settings.c,1.90,1.91

From: Benoit Midy <bmidy_at_guddland.lu>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:38:14 +0000 (BST)

I have remark ion thze cvs changes that there was a total_uptime counter ?
Did you remove it cause of space problem in the RTC ?

- global_settings.total_uptime = 0;

I think it was cool to re-introduce it in the RTC memory struct (if there are space) and use it , so some user will be able
to now how long their "batteries's lifetime" is .
I think we could make it like this.

        - It will be initialize to 0.
        - Then all the minute when the "power check" thread will make its stuff we could increment this counter.
        - When the batteries are re-charged we reinitialize it to 0, or we could let it to the user through menu option.
        - Add some menu to view, reinit this counter , or even set the "granularity" of the counter updates (But I think
that 1 min is enough!)

        - perhaps make a thread that only take care to update this uptime_counter to get more clean code and not
mix-coded, and perhaps we could later use this thread to generate some statistic when the Jukebox is on, like the
actual graphic that show the battery usage , could be generate through this thread and no more in memory but in a
file, so it' ll be possible to keep history and compare many statistics for different users, hardware , set of batteries ...
Or some "useless" (apparently but who knows) thing like a log/history of the CPU usage, Memory usage, Hardisk
Activity.
        - perhaps a new thread will "eat" to more memory ? I do not know, I do not have thje Rockbox source under
the hand, so correct me if I say wrong.

Give your comment, please.