Subject: recording -- issues
From: Eric Linenberg (elinenbe_at_umich.edu)
Date: 2002-11-11

What exactly do the recording features mean in the current menus?

--like, what does quality 1-7 mean?
--also, the frequency menu is odd. It seems to go in no order. I think
it should go from lowest to highest.
--the kbps is messed up on the recording. I get 320kbps at quality=5,
160kbit at quality=7.
--the time that is shown on the recorded songs is always a few seconds
less then the play time.
--gain less than 22.5db I get no sound

otherwise, seems to work okay. this is on the current CVS. On a
recorder 6k 1.17ia

-eric

LNF> OK guys!

LNF> I have committed a first shot at recording for Rockbox. It is supposed
LNF> to work, but I have only tested it with the microphone, as that is all
LNF> that works on my recorder (Line In is my serial debug port).

Go to Menu->>Recording and try it out.