Subject: Re: Recording woes (in detail)

Re: Recording woes (in detail)

From: Christophe Avoinne <christophe.avoinne_at_laposte.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:58:52 +0100

Just a suggestion :

Does the FAT32 code in rockbox update the FAT entries in each FAT in a FAT32
partition ? Windows may be very sensitive about the integrity of FATs. If
the FAT32 partition has the FAT mirroring flag on, you must update as many
FAT entries as there are FATs in a FAT32 partition when creating/truncating
a file. Or do you force the FAT mirroring flag to be off (surely the best
solution for embedded application since you would only need to update the
current FAT instead of all) ?

My 2 cents worth.