Subject: Show custom information in WPS

Show custom information in WPS

From: Michael Forster <forster_at_fmi.uni-passau.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:52:11 +0100

Hi,

I have a lot of ballroom dance music. These songs have two attributes
that are essential for me: 1) The dance, i.e. waltz, rumba, samba 2) The
speed of the music, i.e. bars per minute.

I'd like to encode this information into my MP3s and have it displayed
in the WPS. Of course there is an ID3v2 Tag "Speed" which I can use. I
found nothing suitable for the dance.

If I understand it right, Rockbox only supports these ID3 tags: Artist,
Track Title, Track Number, Album Name. It is not important for me, which
tags I use for my information as long it gets displayed. But I do not
want to use any of the supported Tags, since I need them as well.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Should I try to patch Rockbox? How difficult would this be for me
(advanced programmer with litte time :-)?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike

P.S.: Congratulations to Rockbox. I really like it. Especially the pitch
function is a "killer feature" for me. Thank you very much.