Subject: Re: Recording woes (in detail)

Re: Recording woes (in detail)

From: Paul van der Heu <pvdh_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:29:51 +0100

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:05:08 +0100, Christophe Avoinne wrote:
>1) Does it happens at once (at the very first cluster writing of the
>file) or just after several cluster writings ?

It happens as soon as you start recording.

>2) What happens when changing "RECORDER.MP3" for another shortname ?
>must we delete it before having another "*PANIC*" ?

how do you mean? if I rename RECORD.MP3 to TEST.MP3 and record I get
the panic..

>3) I suppose you don't keep some pertinent infos about RECORDED.MP3
>like its start entry even after a power-off ? because if so, the
>next cluster following the start cluster for the deleted
>RECORDED.MP3 would be 0.

Dunno about this..

Let me reitterate in short:

Record, hook up USB, open HD in windows, delete RECORD.MP3, release
USB, record --> PANIC

Record, hook up USB, open HD in windows, rename RECORD.MP3 to
TEST.MP3, release USB, record --> PANIC

In both cases if I restart the archos and record after the panic it
works just fine..