Subject: Re: automatic HD spinoff in USB Mode
From: George Styles \(RipnetUK\) (
Date: 2002-11-16

I agree, if this is possible it would be great. I assume it cant be dont
though, as the stock firmware doesnt do this.

As i understand it, the USB-HDD interface is implemented by a seperate chip,
over which we have no control...

its a shame, because if you leave it copying overnight, the battaries are
practically flat by the morning, == no music